Gracious Homes Ltd trading as ‘The Carriage’ is a company registered in England and Wales.
Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at ‘The Carriage’, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We are committed to handling your data fairly and legally at all times. ‘The Carriage’ is also committed to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy, which applies whether you visit our store, use your mobile device or visit our on-line store, provides you with information about:
– how we use your data;
– what personal data we collect;
– how we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
– your legal rights relating to your personal data.
It’s likely that we will need to update this Privacy Notice from time to time. Accordingly we recommend that you check this page periodically in order to view the latest version.
How we use your data.
‘The Carriage’ (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) uses your personal data:
– to provide goods and services to you;
– to make a tailored website available to you;
– to verify your identity;
– for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
– with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
– for market research purposes – to better understand your needs;
– to enable ‘The Carriage’ to manage customer service matters with you; and
– where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in a legal dispute or in relation to an investigation by a public authority).
Other Marketing Activity.
‘The Carriage’ uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent) and may send you postal mail to update you on the latest ‘The Carriage’ offers.
‘The Carriage’ aims to update you about products & services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
1. making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails
2. contacting ‘The Carriage’ at firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Banner Advertising.
If you visit our website, you may receive personalised banner advertisements whilst browsing other websites. Any banner advertisements you see will relate to products you have viewed whilst browsing our websites on your computer or other devices.
Sharing data with third parties.
Our Supplier & Service providers.
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT delivery and marketing service providers.
‘The Carriage’ only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to ‘The Carriage’ and to you, and for no other purposes.
Other third parties
Apart from our service providers, ‘The Carriage’ will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
– governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so: –
– to comply with our legal obligations;
– for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
– for the protection of our employees and customers.
How long do we keep your data?
‘The Carriage’ is committed to keeping your personal information only for so long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years.
What personal data do we collect?
‘The Carriage’ may collect the following information about you to ensure that we can continue to provide you with a great retail experience.
– your name, age/date of birth and gender;
– your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
– purchases and orders made by you;
– your on-line browsing activities on ‘The Carriage’ website;
– when you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details;
– your communication and marketing preferences;
– your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
– your location;
– your correspondence and communications with ‘The Carriage’; and
– other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a public Facebook page).
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is mainly collected directly, e.g. if you send an email to our team. Other personal data may be collected indirectly, for example your browsing activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
How we protect your data.
‘The Carriage’ is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include: –
– encryption of data;
– activity to make sure we can respond to cyber security attacks and data security incidents;
– regular penetration testing of systems;
– security controls which protect the entire ‘The Carriage’ IT infrastructure from external threat and unauthorised access; and
– internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
– Checking that third parties that we work with have sufficient information security measures in place.
How you can help protect your data.
‘The Carriage’ will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from ‘The Carriage’ asking you to do so, please ignore it.
We may monitor or record calls for security purposes to improve the quality of services we provide to you. We also operate CCTV systems in some of our locations for security purposes. We do the above on the basis of our legitimate business interest.
You have the following rights, subject to certain legal limitations in some cases:
– the right to be informed about the processing of your personal information.
– the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time. This is free of charge in most cases.
– the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
-the right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”).
– the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
– the right to restrict processing of your personal information
– the right to object to the processing of your personal information (and we have no legitimate overriding interest)
– the right to move, copy or transfer your personal information
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details below.
What is the Legal basis for ‘The Carriage’ processing customer personal data?
‘The Carriage’ collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
– our legitimate business interests (as set out below);
– the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer; or
– complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email or text message.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis we have for processing, we will stop processing data after consent is withdrawn.
‘The Carriage’ legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of ‘The Carriage’, including:-
– selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
– promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
– protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety.
– sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers;
– understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
– improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
– complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
– preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
– handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
– handling insurance claims;
– protecting ‘The Carriage’, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to ‘The Carriage’;
– effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against ‘The Carriage’ and
– fulfilling our responsibilities to our customers, employees and other stakeholders.
What are cookies?
How do ‘The Carriage’ manage cookies?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access our website are designed by:
– ‘The Carriage’, or on behalf of ‘The Carriage’, and are necessary to enable you to have an effective website experience;
– third parties who participate with us in marketing programmes; and
– third parties who broadcast web banner advertisements on behalf of ‘The Carriage’
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are: –
1. For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to site navigation.
2. For ‘The Carriage’ to market to you, particularly web banner advertisements.
3. To enable ‘The Carriage’ to collect information about your browsing patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
4. To enable ‘The Carriage’ to meet its contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties.
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use.
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off.
If you have any questions about how ‘The Carriage’ uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us through any of the following:
– phone us on: 01943 864372
– e-mail us at: email@example.com
– write to us at: The Carriage, 91 Main Street, Burley in Wharfedale, Ilkley LS29 7BU
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of a complaint, you may lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.